Medals4Mettle News Archive
Take a look at some notable press M4M has received in the past. But for the latest buzz and every day happenings surrounding M4M be sure to visit our FACEBOOK PAGE!
- 6.14.16 | Video: Back to the Beach – In Good Health with McLaren Macomb – May-June 2016
- 3.4.15 | Angie's List national magazine features Medals4Mettle as it's cover story.
- 5.2.14 | Indianapolis radio station WIBC features Medals4Mettle founder Dr. Steven Isenberg.
- 5.20.13 | Two TV stations in North Dakota show two young medal recipients going through similar battles.
- 4.11.13 | WDRB tv in Louisville captures 7 year old medal recipient explaining what receiving a medal from Louisville med students means to him.
- 3.6.13 | Chicago chapter parents with Crush Multisport to gift medals.
- 3.1.13 | M4M Georgia featured on Atlanta NBC affiliate telecast. View video here.
- 1.17.13 | M4M founder receives prestigious Jefferson Award. View video here.
- 8.28.12 | East Tennessee children's hospital patients get medals from Olympians.
- 8.17.12 | Race medals are awarded to celebrate burn victim's greater mettle in Wisconsin.
- 7.18.12 | Iowa TV station features athlete who donates medal.
- 3.12.12 | Chicks for a Change notes the genius of the Medals4Mettle concept.
- 11.1.11 | Geist newsletter features Medals4Mettle founder Dr. Steve Isenberg.
- 5.11.11 | Medals4Mettle coordinator receives press in Florida TCPalm publication.
- 3.29.11 | Central Illinois Medals4Mettle coordinator receives Community Hero Award.
- 6.8.10 | Medals4Mettle presenting 130 Medals at Camp COCO in Illinois.
- 5.7.10 | Boston teacher experiences magical event donating her Boston Marathon medal.
- 4.10.10 | Dr. Isenberg hands out medals to children at Armand Trousseau Childrens Hospital Hospital in Paris, France. Young Cancer Patient, Excited Infant, Beautiful Teen Too Shy for Pics Without Wig, World Cup Boys
- 12.24.09 | Questions and Answers with M4M founder Dr. Steven Isenberg featured in the Indianapolis Star newspaper.
- 12.04.09 | Medals4Mettle, Disney On Ice and Riley Hospital for Children award donated Disney Marathon medals to Riley patients at Conseco Field house.
- 11.15.09 | Milwaukee Fox TV affiliate profiles local chapter's efforts
- 11.1.09 | Medals4Mettle visit to London write-up from the AAO-HNS Bulletin.
- 10.21.09 | Olympic champion Bonnie Blair featured on Wisconsin's TMJ4 newscast delivering medals.
- 10.21.09 | Olympic medalist Bonnie Blair donates medals and delivers them to kids.
- 9.11.09 | Medals4Mettle chapter of Central Illinois announces first medal recipient.
- 9.1.09 | Medals4Mettle founder to receive national Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award.
- 8.5.09 | Birmingham Alabama volunteer featured in The Birmingham News.
- 7.22.09 | Oregon Statesmen Journal profiles Medals4Mettle and local volunteer Jacquie Strand.
- 4.29.09 | Indianapolis television station WTHR 13 features Medals4Mettle on evening newscast.
- 4.21.09 | Medals4Mettle and volunteer Riley Jones featured in Louisville newspaper.
- 4.20.09 | University of Louisville newspaper highlights med students donating Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon medals to Medals4Mettle.
- 4.16.09 | Reno Gazette-Journal features article on Reno/Sparks M4M chapter coordinator.
- 3.20.09 | Medals4Mettle featured in the NCAA News.
- 2.8.09 | Volunteers Rick Slawsky and Christine Yarosh deliver medals in Austin.
- 11.21.08 | Volunteer Pam Kassner featured in the The Business Journal of Milwaukee as she starts up new M4M chapter. Click here to view the article.
- 11.15.08 | Medals 4 Mettle receives international exposure from article in Mexican Runner's World. Click here to read a pdf of the article.
- 11.03.08 | Medals 4 Mettle volunteer and "Iron Maiden" Carla Cue featured in the Philadelphia Maven. Click here to view the article.
- 9.28.08 | Medals 4 Mettle organization used as an example of "being part of something bigger than yourself" in weekly online Airforce Academy publication, the Falcon Focus. Click here to view the article.
- 9.8.08 | Medals 4 Mettle organization featured in Runner's World. Click here to read a pdf of the article.
- 6.23.08 | Shan Riggs completes 195 mile Windy 2 Indy Run to raise money for Medals 4 Mettle and Riley Children's Hospital. Click on the following links to see some news clips about the event. WTHR-TV WISH-TV WXIN For more information about Shan's experience during the Medals4Mettle Windy 2 Indy run and his personal training regimen leading up to it, visit his blog at http://ultrashan.blogspot.com.
- 4.08 | Colliers Turley Martin Tucker's Kelly Williams awarded CTMT's 2007 Volunteer of the Year for his work with M4M.
- 12.07 | Shan Riggs, Chicago Medals4Mettle coordinator and ultra-marathoner, and George Chen, both of whom ran the 2007 Chicago Marathon as M4M charity runners are pictured delivering some of M4M's donated medals to Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- 7.07 | GracefulEdge.com features Medals 4 Mettle. Click here to read the article.
- 5.07 | M4M is to be an official charity of the sold-out, prestigious Chicago Marathon where 45,000 runners will run this October. It will be the 30th running of the Chicago Marathon and M4M will ask its runners to raise $10 for each year ($300 minimum). These funds will be used to purchase ribbons, postage and otherwise serve our mission to award donated finishers’ medals to hospitalized children and others who must find the courage to run their own marathons.
- 1.07 | FOX TV, Channel 59, profiles a Medals 4 Mettle recipient. Click here to view the segment (18.6mb).
- 8.06 | WISH-TV, Channel 8, the CBS affiliate in Indianapolis, profiles Medals 4 Mettle. Click here to view the segment (24.4mb).
- 6.06 | Indy Racing League drivers present medals to kids at Riley Hospital for Children. Click here to read a pdf of the article featured in the Indianapolis Star newspaper.
- 6.06 | 5 year old donates medal. Click here to read a pdf of the letter from his mom.
- 3.06 | M4M becomes official charity of the Chicago Marathon.
- 2.06 | M4M highlighted in Indianapolis Business Journal. Click here to read the article.
Note from a donor:
"After my grandfather died, I began swimming and running again. He was in some pain when he passed. I often think of him and others who are sick and in pain when I train and run. I worked at hospice for a while too and remember patients from that time in my life.
12.04.09 | Disney on Ice Medal Presentation
Note from a donor:
"I started running in 2002 as a way to stay fit, and stave off diabetes. With the encouragement of friends, I ran my first marathon in October of 2004. Since then I have finished 7 marathons, and about 10 half marathons. I hope to average one a year for as long as I can run. I'm a big guy (anywhere between 220 and 240 pounds) who most people don't see as a runner. And yet I manage to finish every race I've started. Perhaps that is what I have in common with the folks who get these medals - however unlikely the idea of our finishing is, we manage to anyway."
12.04.07 | M4M volunteers prepare to give medals at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
Note from a donor:
Medals for Mettle is awesome! You guys give medals to people that actually deserve them. People make such a big deal over running a marathon or triathalon. Try beating cancer or another monster disease. Now that's a big deal. That is why these medals should go to people that actually deserve them. Even if I did an Ironman a day, it wouldnt even come close to the strength and endurance it takes to undergo the battle of a monster illness."
5th grade teacher runs Boston Marathon and donates medal to colleague's gravely ill child.